Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Welcome to the View Point - May 2013 Issue

Welcome to this month's issue of the View Point.   It's May and we're still enjoying the wonderful season that is spring.  Here in Texas, we've not seen it get too hot yet, the trees and flowers are blooming and it is a great time to get outside, take in a ball game, go on a picnic or just take a walk.   I hope you all are enjoying this great time of year.

For this month, our regular contributor, Bill Holmes brings us a great story about how we are very, very much like our parents.  It's an amusing and thoughtful article and I believe right on point.  I catch myself often doing something I've remembered seeing my father do.  I get occasionally surprised by my kids, when they remark that I'm starting to look and act "like Grandpa". Of course, they say it with good intent, and I take it that way, but it is interesting that we exhibit behaviour of our parents as we get older. 

We also have another article regarding the recent announcement by NBA Center Jason Collins, who recently came out  regarding his sexual orientation.  Yes Virginia, there are living breathing professional athletes still playing in the big four sports (football, basketball, baseball and hockey) that happen to be gay and one of them just said so.  I think this is a good thing and write about it.

Give this month's issue a read and as always, we'd like to hear from you.  Tell us what you think.

Peace,
Dennis Sherrard
Editor.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I've removed moderation from the comments, so you all be nice out there please. Don't get rude or profane, or I'll have to put moderation back on and I don't want to do that. Enjoy our Webzine and participate. Thanks - The Editor.