Sunday, December 2, 2012

Welcome to the View Point - December 2012

Well, we've almost most finished with 2012.  I suppose the old maxim about time flying as one gets older is true, because I really don't know where all the time went.  Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, your favorite football teams and candidates won their respective contests, and you ate just enough that you didn't have to get into those "stretchy-pants".

December is upon us and the promise of another holiday break with Christmas and time to be with our families, fighting for parking spaces in the shopping malls, falling off the roof while trying string Christmas lights, etc. etc.   Personally, my favorite time of December is the day after Christmas, where I can usually just relax and not worry about all the things I should have gotten done but didn't. 

Our issue this month has a wonderful and touching article from our regular contributor, Bill Holmes.  The article is about remembering his Mom who would have been 100 years old this year.

The second article is a movie review on Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln", starring Daniel Day Lewis in a fantastic portrayal of our greatest president (at least I think so). 

I hope you enjoy this months issue of the View Point and wish you all a safe and happy holiday and Merry Christmas.

regards,
Dennis Sherrard
Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've removed moderation from the comments, so you all be nice out there please. Don't get rude or profane, or I'll have to put moderation back on and I don't want to do that. Enjoy our Webzine and participate. Thanks - The Editor.